Event Management Sydney - Event Sensations



Am I Eligible?
Value Added Tax (VAT) is a tax charged on most goods and services purchased for your business, especially in the countries of Europe. The rate can often be as high as 25%.  Goods and Services Tax (GST) is charged in Canada and Australia.

If you are a corporation, partnership or are self-employed, you may be eligible to reclaim VAT/GST, especially when you travel for business, or do business in a foreign country.

These are some of the qualifying business activities that may permit your business to reclaim tax outside Australia.

bullet.gif Corporate or Board Meetings
bullet.gif Incentive or Motivational Travel
bullet.gif Conferences or Exhibitions (Attending or Exhibiting)
bullet.gif Sales Trips
bullet.gif Plant Visits
bullet.gif Product Launches
bullet.gif Training or Seminars

Correct preparation of documents and invoices is important - contact us prior to travel.
In some cases, you may need to register for tax.

What is VAT and is it worth going after?
VAT is a substantial tax (similar to GST) that is charged in many destinations (especially Europe) on services such as hotel rooms, meals, audio visual expenses, and venue rentals and may be refundable.

Yes, VAT and GST are worth pursuing as there are good refunds for meeting and incentive groups.

Why should I outsource my GST/VAT reclaim?
It’s complicated and laws change constantly usually for overseas claims forms are in foreign languages and it needs to be done right the first time as there’s no second chance.  Most international corporations outsource at least a portion if not all of their reclaim work – you need to work with professionals.

What will it cost to file?
There is not cost to file.  We are paid on a contingency basis – no success, no charge.  We work as your partner and are paid only when the claim is approved.

How much work is there for me?
Very little.  We will provide you with a few documents to sign and then collect all invoices relative to the program.

How long does it take to get the money?
It varies by country however usually a minimum of 6 months.




Copyright © 2009 Event Sensations

Website by Webextreme Pty Ltd